We’re almost halfway through January (where is the time going?) and our New Year’s resolution of ditching the chocolate is going stronger than we’d imagined. But with delicious recipes like these being served at our concept store, we’re already one step ahead. So we called upon the team behind the cafe to share one of our favourites to keep you motivated and off the sweet stuff (for a day at least!) Enjoy…
You will need:
– 1 avocado
– 1 lime- 1 cups of frozen broad beans
– 2 cups of frozen peas
– Sour dough bread for toasting
– Soft Goat’s Cheese
– Chilli flakes (optional)
– Pop the broad beans on to boil for three minutes.
– While the beans are cooking, mash up your avocado with a squeeze of lime and season with pepper. (If you like a bit of spice in your food you can add some chilli flakes or a dash of Tabasco.) Leave on the side with the avocado stone inside (so that it does not discolour) until everything else is ready.
– Once the beans are cooked, take them off the boil, quickly run them under cold water and peel. The easiest way to do this is to pinch one end off and squeeze the bean out. Just before you get to the end of peeling the broad beans pop the peas on to boil.
– While the peas are heating, slice your sour dough and toast. Once the peas are read,y add them to the beans and then smash them lightly with a fork.
– Spread the goats cheese on to the toast and pile high with the avocado and the pea and bean mixture – adding a drizzle of good quality olive oil.
Hungry for more, visit Saucer & Spritz for more yummy recipes