A classic red lip is seen by many to be the finishing touch to a perfect outfit, but it doesn’t come hassle-free. If you’ve ever had to physically restrain yourself from entering Boots for fear of the apocalips happening (to your bank balance), then we’re sure you feel our pain.
1. Finding out that Alexa Chung wears Ruby Woo, then buying Ruby Woo and being disappointed that you still look nothing like Alexa Chung.
2. Not a problem, but knowing exactly which glass is yours as your signature shade is left on the rim…
3. … but it is a problem when the dishwasher hasn’t cleaned off the previous person’s. Ew.
4. Returning from a pharmacy looking like you’ve got a rash on your hand, when in reality you just swatched the new-in section.
5. Accessorising with a red lip in the day time – then spend the whole day worrying that you’ve made too much effort.
6. The lid coming off inside your new cream handbag. Disaster.
7. Slowly making your lips bigger as you slightly mess up the edge when you don’t have time to use lip-liner, and looking slightly like Ronald McDonald.
8. And even when you do apply it perfectly, reaching in your bag to reapply after a few hours to find you’ve forgotten a mirror.
9. After a couple of drinks, thinking you actually can put on lipstick without a mirror (when you definitely, definitely can’t).
10. Having to reapply lipstick on the bus. Whilst on a roundabout.
11. When you’re having a bad day, then you apply lipstick on your lunch and feel instantly 100 times better!
12. Deliberately sporting a matte lipstick on date night so that if you end up kissing, they won’t end up sporting a red lip too